Monday, February 2, 2009

February 2nd (last week of January 09)

Here is an update for the last week...

Movie of the week (last week-since we watched the Superbowl this week):

This movie was really good and thought provoking! It was a tough subject but I really liked the way they did it. I couldn't imagine being in a life that you were so miserable in and feeling so trapped that you would do something so crazy as this.











The rest of the week went by pretty quickly! I'll try and cover the highlights...
  • Tuesday went to Bible Study
  • Wednesday watched Sid-Brooklyn couldn't come so Sid and I spent the afternoon together. We colored and worked in her activity book. After, I went to Kristen's and watched the SLC American Idol.
  • Thursday...undecorated the ledge. Once again, time to face your fears. I did pretty well this time around. I had mastered climbing up and down on my stomach. Well, this time around Wayne decided he wanted me to come down 'front' ways. Well, that led to hysteria on my part! I tried really hard to keep it together but for the brief moment I thought I was 'falling' to my death, I lost control. So, needless to say Wayne had to coach me through the hysteria as calmly as he could (he thinks I'm crazy). He did a great job at that... the whole episode ended in a lesson on how to "PIVOT" on a ladder as well as on the ground. Apparently when I was in the throws of TERROR I didn't handle myself well pivoting on the ladder. (Have any of you watched the "Friends" episode about carrying the couch upstairs and Ross kept yelling...'PIVOT!'? Well, lets just say we had our own funny episode playing out at our house that day. Here are some pictures of the finished project...










  • Friday Wayne and I were really bad and slept in until 10:00! Shhh... don't tell anyone :-). We had a great morning just hanging out. Brooklyn had been so sad since she was sick on Wednesday and couldn't come over so I went and got her for lunch and to hang out. She is getting better with the dogs each time she comes over. She really loves O'Malley!

Brooklyn was pretty brave and started on the 'edge' of the couch


Then she inched slowly closer to him...


Now she is doing her 'puppy paw' I taught her so that O'Malley can smell her and not be afraid


Here she is finally petting him. She got to where she let him lay on her lap. It just takes her a little time to warm up!

  • Saturday I went to Pebbles in my Pocket with Lorna and Jayna. There was a little tiff with some basketball moms but they ended up leaving. (We weren't trying to be mean...we love meeting new people, oh well!)
  • Sunday-SUPERBOWL. Yeah! Cardinals didn't win but it was still a great afternoon and a good game!
  • Monday 2nd of Feb... Went to Hobby Lobby with Jenn and the girls. They are getting so big! I then got lunch at Cafe Rio and headed to Courtney's house. We took the twins to get their vaccinations. Very sad!!! They were so brave and made it through-only crying just a little. I can't believe how much better they are doing in the three weeks since I've seen them. They are both smiling when you talk to them!!! After the Dr. we went to Wal-Mart and Barnes 'n' Noble. I'm sure she enjoyed a little outing.
Excited for the rest of the week even though the groundhog did see his shawdow! A little depressing!!!

1 comment:

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Hey YOU! Facebook and a blog! Now we can really stay updated:)