Monday, March 30, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! 13 YEARS

Wow, can you believe it??? We've been married 13 years today. It seems like we just got married! We celebrated yesterday and had a wonderful day! Went to church, the service was about forgiveness... (Matthew 18:21-35). It was really good. We decided to go to a nice dinner later so we didn't do our normal breakfast. We were going to go to a movie but there weren't many out so we rented Vicky Christina Barcelona. It was a Woody Allen movie and usually we don't like his movies. Wayne said, well let's not judge and try it out...turned out to be okay.

Then we went to dinner at Carver's Steak and Chops... When we pulled into the parking lot we were a little nervous because there wasn't anyone else there. We decided to do something new and go in anyway! It was so nice!!! Wayne had the New York Steak

and I had the Filet Mignon.

We even ordered a bottle of Wine.

Which we don't know much about... it was good though. It was a cabernet... Dinner was so nice, great food, great wine, and great conversation. In fact Wayne said it was his most 'relaxed' dinner he's ever had. You know, if you've ever eaten with Wayne, that has soon as he's done eating he's ready to go... (he's a fast eater and I'm a slow eater) He didn't even ask me once if I was finished yet...

tidbit of our conversation at dinner: "Wayne asked me if in 13 years I thought we would look back on us now, like we look at us 13 years ago, when we first got married-Young and dumb!!! I said I think we've grown up a little since then. Sometimes I still don't feel this old... hopefully we'll mature a little more in the next 13 years! It's incredible where our lives have taken us...and we're still so much 'In Love'!!!

After our great dinner we just headed back home to hang out. Wayne's been watching the PBR Rodeos

on the weekends so that was our big event for the night. I took a nap and he watched :-). It was a great day! I love that we can still hang out, just the two of us, and have a really good time!!! We always hate when Monday comes because that means he has to go back to work-and we don't get to be with each other all day!

3 comments:

Sartori Fam said...

Congratulations! I can't believe that it has been 13 years!I love you guys!

Brian and Jocelyn said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Congratulations you guys...sounds like you had a great date!

Kris said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I can't believe that it's been 13 years either!